Monday, September 23, 2013

Taking Off

Sunday is the Lord's day, and rest is always blessed! I spent my Sunday mostly relaxing and catching up on a little lost sleep. And it's a good thing I did, because I had an insane week ahead of me.


Monday I started my new job- at least the training. I was recently hired by Dialogue Direct Keystone Fundraising, which works solely for the non-profit organization Children's International. I feel like this will be a very beneficial job for me because it will keep me grounded. It's easy to come out to Los Angeles and get caught up and lost in the materialistic life that most live out here, but this job will be a daily reminder of how fortunately blessed I am! It's a full time position, 9AM-6PM Monday-Friday. But due to traffic, I have to leave by 7:15 every morning. I also had Jack's class going on through the week, so I went straight from work to Jack's class-which I arrived late to. And then getting home around midnight. I also have the web series that started this weekend! So I got to spend my days off from my day job, working on set! WHEW! I'm gonna wear myself out fast. OH WELL, I love being busy :)



So Monday's training went really great! We was a fantastic new group of people. We all brought in our own personalities and there was never a dull moment. We learned all about the organization, how to go about the job, and pitching all afternoon. I went straight from work to Jack's workshop. On Tuesday, I got to meet my team leader- Sarah- and officially began the job. We worked in Korea town and had some amazing korean food for lunch. My first day on the job, I managed to save a baby all on my own! Wednesday, I met my other teammate- Olivia- and realized that we are practically the same person. We worked in Santa Monica that day and I managed to save two babies! On Thursday, we worked downtown and one of my previous co-workers ended up getting interviewed for the news and they shot quite a bit of footage of me working; as well as the time I walked directly behind the camera waving..... Never would have thought I'd been on camera before! Haha




Friday, I had the day off from work because I had scene class with Jack Waltzer. I love Jack way too much! He's the sweetest man. He's constantly hugging on me and saying "Kelsie's the perfect girl. She's my girlfriend from Tennessee. She cooks, cleans, and sews! She's the perfect girl." He also told me that he worries about me because these LA people are going to corrupt me! Once I got out of class, I came home and cleaned house. Then Christopher and I went and enjoyed a nice sushi dinner :) I came home and prepared myself for the next day. I had to miss class on Saturday because I was working on set.


Saturday I worked on set of "The Disorganized Zone". I act as well as work as script supervisor. I was a nervous wreck, since I'd never done that before and it's one of the most important jobs on set. But it went surprisingly great! The director and producer both bragged on me and said "You should do this on the side from acting!" And I got the pleasure of meeting some wonderful actors and people, as well as getting to work with Eduardo again- whom I worked with in Canada on "Bluff". And Judy Norton, known as Mary Ellen from "The Waltons", is directing this production as well! Below is the link to some of the wonderful cast!


Saturday night, Jack Waltzers class had a wrap party a Jouri's huge house. I walked in and their all hugging and kissing me saying how much Jack bragged on me and how much they missed me in class. It was honestly the best time I've had in an extremely long time. Best people on earth. I feel like it's appropriate to share about the amazing influence that these people continue to make on me. They have left the biggest prints on my heart and I will never forget or get over the love I feel for each and everyone of them. The class was much larger this time and it was still the best! I connected with people all over the world, talk about international learning! It could have gone both ways, but these are people that I can talk about anything with. I don't feel obligated to only talk about scene work or what we're soon to work on. I laughed more than I ever have that night! I had to drag myself out of the house at 2 AM, since I had to get up early the next morning. I had to park on the next street over, and as I walked I noticed a helicopter circling with a spotlight all around me. I got to my car and there were cops blocking off everything around me. I panicked just a bit, got out of there as fast as I could, and called all my friends to warn them. But luckily everyone was safe :)



 On Sunday,  I rolled onto set with my sunglasses on, struggling to keep my eyes open. I had to quickly down several cups of coffee and then helped myself to a wonderful bagel with chocolate spread and an apple :) Since "The Disorganized Zone" is a comedy, they asked me to act with a heavy southern accent! I love having fun on set :). I also got to hold, read, and get a picture with an original script from "The Waltons"! We got to put temporary hair color and tons of make up on Gil, in order to make him appear even younger! I talked with David for a while on break and learned that he was in an episode of, my favorite show on earth, General Hospital with James Franco- I was secretly fangirl-ing!


On Sunday night, we had a second party from Jack's workshop. This time we partied at Roya's house, in the hills! Another wonderful turn out with the best people, although we were missing quite a few because some already left for home.. It was still perfect. We sat around the fire pit and shared memories and laughter. I cannot say enough how much I love these people. I hope to see each and every one a million times again :)



And did I mention there was cake at both parties?! [that's secretly the only reason I went.... ;) ]


No comments:

Post a Comment